Online educational tutorials provide photographers with basic information, insights, and tips to achieve color control, consistency and creativity in their workflow
Elmsford, NY – May 3, 2011 – X-Rite Photo Marketing announces its schedule of May Webinars that have been developed to address specific color management topics and are designed to appeal to both professional and serious amateur photographers.
Three free Webinar topics this month are sure to help photographers gain new confidence and to learn quick, easy and powerful ways to enhance their color workflow. Webinar attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions to the live trainers.
“Every one of our hour-long educational webinars are created to teach imaging professionals and enthusiasts how X-Rite’s line of color management tools can bring their digital photography color to new levels and help them incorporate a near-effortless color workflow into their every day imaging projects,” said Mark Rezzonico, vice president X-Rite Photo Marketing. “And this month we are also pleased to showcase photo industry educator and color guru, Tom Ashe, as he hosts a special guest Webinar highlighting the new features of i1Profiler Software. All photographers who are passionate about their photography, color accuracy and workflow efficiency are encouraged to regularly join our ongoing series of X-Rite Webinars.”
May Webinar Schedule
Thursday, May 12, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT and 1:00 PM EDT
RAW COLOR POWER with Adobe® Lightroom® and the ColorChecker Passport
Professional photographers and photo enthusiasts will learn how to bring their digital photography color to a new level. This webinar will instruct attendees on how to quickly and easily capture accurate color, instantly enhance portraits and landscapes, create their own color look with one click, maintain color control and consistency and achieve superior color results in a fraction of the time.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Creating and Using Camera Profiles
- Custom White Balance with the ColorChecker Passport
- One click accurate color edits
- Matching color response of two or more cameras
- Matching color response under different lighting conditions
- Color editing in Adobe® Lightroom®
- Color editing in Adobe® Photoshop®
Tom Ashe Guest Webinar
Monday, May 16, 2011 1:00 PM EDT
Professional Color Control with New X-Rite i1Profiler Software hosted by Tom Ashe
Perfect for photographers, graphics professionals, educators, and any imaging color perfectionist, this webinar, hosted by photo industry educator and color guru Tom Ashe, will provide a tour of all the new i1Profiler Software features that will appeal to every user proficiency. Attendees, whether they are looking for professional, but basic functionality, or require more in-depth functionality, will learn how i1Profiler and the new i1Pro Solutions are the right choice for ultimate color control.
- What’s new in i1Profiler software
- Complete tour of both basic and advanced modes
- Optimizing color profiles for specific lighting conditions or for specific colors
- Using adaptive iterative technology to create more perfect profiles
- Exploring Quality Assurance functions to help “close the loop”
- Review of included complementary tools in i1Pro solutions – PANTONE Color Manager, ColorChecker Proof and ColorChecker Camera Calibration software
- What’s included in each i1Pro solution for more informed buying decision
This webinar is sure to provide attendees with good insight into X-Rite’s latest professional color management solutions.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT and 1:00 PM EDT
Beyond Monitor Calibration – Get Prints That Match Your Display!
Perfect for wedding, portrait and landscape photographers as well as photo lab professionals and photo enthusiasts doing their own printing, this webinar, featuring the award-winning X-Rite ColorMunki Photo, will teach attendees how to put a color managed workflow in place from image capture through printer output including creating custom profiles and learning how to use them correctly to produce prints that match a display every time.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Monitor to Print Matching (Calibration and Profiling)
- Obtaining consistent color in camera
- Benefits of creating and using custom printer profiles
- Soft-proofing in Adobe® Photoshop®
- Applying printer profiles in Photoshop®
- Digital Projector Profiling
Webinar registration can be found on XritePhoto.com. Visit the Webinar page found under the Learning section.
X-Rite is the global leader in color science and technology. The company, which includes color
Industry leader PANTONE Inc., develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative color solutions through measurement systems, software, color standards and services.
The X-Rite Color Checker Passport, i1Solutions and ColorMunki Photo are distributed by Elmsford, NY-based MAC Group www.MACgroupUS.com.