Feb 26, 2013 — AKVIS announces the release of AKVIS Refocus v.3.0 for Windows and Macintosh. The software improves sharpness of out of focus images. Version 3.0 offers brand new image processing modes Tilt-Shift and Iris Blur. Now it’s possible to add lens blur effects to your photos.
Digital cameras are a good companion for capturing everyday moments – they are handy and offer automatic settings that save you time. However, sometimes the camera fails to focus on the subject automatically and it comes out unsharp. AKVIS Refocus will take care of such images.
The software improves sharpness of out of focus images. The program can process the entire photo or bring into focus only the selected part to make the subject stand out against the background.
Now it’s also possible to add bokeh and lens blur effects to your photos!
The software keeps up-to-date on cutting edge technologies and offers brand new image processing modes Tilt-Shift and Iris Blur.
The features of the previous versions are now available in the Refocus mode.
AKVIS Refocus v.3.0 works in three modes:
- Refocus mode makes blurred photos sharp and clear. You can re-focus the entire image or only selected parts.
- Even if a photo looks sharp enough, there is always room for improvement. To draw attention to certain details, it’s possible to use selective focus. Using special tools you can separate the subject from the background; to achieve a more realistic selective focus effect you can sharpen one part of the photo and blur the rest.
- Tilt-Shift mode allows leaving a sharp strip in the image, adding gradual blur at the edges, with smooth transitions between the regions and with bokeh effects. This mode gives the objects on the photo a “toy” look. It blurs the outer parts and makes the objects appear as if they are miniature models. In real photography, you can achieve this effect with special tilt-shift camera lenses. Using AKVIS Refocus you can bring any photo into a world of miniatures!
- Iris Blur mode creates shallow depth-of-field effect, blurring the background while keeping the subject in focus. In contrast to the previous mode, this one lets you specify the shape of the sharp area (ellipse, rectangle). Real photographers can achieve this effect by opening aperture and using different lenses. With this program you can create a blur background in a click.
Note: This mode is only available under Home Deluxe and Business licenses.
During the trial period you can try all features of the software free of charges.
Also, in the new version:
- Added Image View Modes - various options for displaying the original and processed images, Before andAfter states.
- Improved RAW processing, added support for images from Canon cameras (CR2): Canon EOS 6D, Canon EOS 600D, Canon EOS 1100D, Canon PowerShot S100.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 8.
- Fixed bugs.
Registered users of Refocus can upgrade to version 3.0 for free by downloading and installing the new version.
AKVIS Refocus runs on Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win 8 and on Mac OS X 10.4-10.8, both 32 bit and 64 bit. The software can be used as a standalone program and as a plug-in to image editors. The plugin edition is compatible with Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, etc.
AKVIS Refocus sells for $ 39 USD at akvis.com.
AKVIS (akvis.com) specializes in development of image processing software and scientific research. The company was founded in 2004 by IT professionals having considerable experience in programming and software development. Since then the company has released a number of successful programs.